In 2010, Super Lawyers Magazine named Helmuth a “Rising Star” in the practice area of DUI Defense. This award is given annually to the top 2.5% of practicing attorneys in the State of Florida. Along with his law partner, Justin K. Beckham, Helmuth’s hard work and DUI knowledge accounted for over 50 DUI dismissals during the calendar year of 2010.
Helmuth Solis was born and raised in Miami, Florida where he has lived all of his life. He graduated from Florida International University, with honors, acquiring a Bachelor of Arts. He immediately proceeded to law school, where he earned his law degree from the University of Miami, with honors.
After law school, Helmuth began his career in Criminal Law as an Assistant State Attorney at the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office. As a DUI Prosecutor, Helmuth quickly rose to the position of DUI training attorney, where he trained other attorneys on the law relating to DUI. Now, as a defense attorney, Helmuth uses his talent and knowledge to thoroughly defend those accused of DUI.
Helmuth continues to refine his knowledge of DUI by actively attending various seminars and workshops pertaining to DUI defense throughout the nation and state. He strives to be up to date on all new case law and issues relating to intoxilyzers, field sobriety exercises and unconstitutional stops.
- Former Miami-Dade Assistant State Attorney
- Former DUI Training Attorney, Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office
- Super Lawyers Magazine, “Rising Star” in the practice area of DUI Defense, 2010
- Member, Florida Bar
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Cuban American Bar Association
- Member, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL)
- Graduate, University of Miami School of Law